Bibimbap is a traditional Korean dish that translates to “mixed rice with meat and assorted vegetables”. Topped with gochujang sauce, bibimbap is a relatively easy dish to make from home.
|Preparation: 45 minutes||Marinating: 1 hour|
|Cooking: 28 minutes||Quantity: 4 portions|
- 8 dried shiitake
- 500g of Calrose rice
- 250g baby spinach
- 3.75ml of salt
- 1.25ml sesame oil
- 1 chopped green onion
- 15ml sesame seeds
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 250ml julienned carrot
- 4 eggs
- 450g bean sprouts
- 125ml of gochujang sauce
For the marinated beef:
- 400g beef sirloin, cut into thin slices
- 60ml soy sauce
- 35ml of sugar
- 15ml sesame oil
- 15ml tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinated beef. Cover and marinate at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Place the dried shiitakes in a bowl. Cover with warm water and let rehydrate for 30 minutes. Drain, then cut into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice in a rice cooker.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the spinach for 2 minutes. Drain.
- In another bowl, combine the spinach with a third of the salt, sesame oil, green onion and sesame seeds.
- In a pan, heat 15ml of vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook the carrot with half the remaining salt for 2 minutes.
- In the same pan, heat 15ml of vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook the rehydrated shiitakes with the rest of the salt for 2 minutes.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining vegetable oil over medium heat. Cook the marinated beef slices for 5 minutes.
- Heat the same pan over medium heat. Cook sunny-side up eggs.
- Divide the rice into bowls. Separately divide the slices of beef, carrot, spinach mixture, bean sprouts and shiitakes. Place an egg on top of each bowl. Garnish with sesame seeds and gochujang sauce.
Check out more recipes from @cuisineravecjenna!