Dumplings, also known as jiaozi in Chinese, is a staple food in many parts of China. Pork & Chive Dumplings are one of the most traditional dumplings that can be easily prepared from home.
|Preparation: 60 minutes||Cooking (Pan-Fried): 11 minutes|
|Cooking (Steamed): 15 minutes||Quantity: 100 dumplings|
- 2 packs of dumpling sheets of 450g each
- 6 water chestnut
- 500g medium-lean ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 35g chopped fresh Chinese chives
- 5 chopped shiitakes
- 15ml sesame oil
- 15ml sugar
- 15ml tapioca starch or corn starch
- 15ml soy sauce
- 5ml dehydrated chicken broth
- 2.5ml ground black pepper
- Cut the water chestnut into small cubes of 0.5cm.
- In a bowl, mix the ground pork with the garlic, chives, shiitakes, water chestnuts, sesame oil, sugar, flour, soy sauce, chicken broth and black pepper.
- Fold the dumplings!
- For pan cooking: Heat 30ml of vegetable oil over medium heat in a pan. Place a few dumplings in the pan at a time, making sure not to overload it. Pour 250ml of water into the pan and cover. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for 3 minutes, without moving the dumplings.
- Turn all the dumplings over and cook for 3 minutes.
- For steaming: In a double-bottomed saucepan for steaming or in a saucepan with a bamboo basket for steaming, pour water to a height of about 2.5cm.
- Place a few dumplings at a time in the bamboo basket or in the upper part of the double-bottomed saucepan. Bring the water to a boil, then cook the dumplings for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Serve with dumpling sauce!
Check out more recipes from @cuisineravecjenna!