Cantonese Fried Rice is filling, flavourful, and easy to prepare for the whole family! This is a great classic Chinese dish. A simple, yet satisfying meal.
|Preparation: 15 minutes||Refrigeration: 12 hours|
|Cooking: 11 minutes||Quantity: 4 portions|
- 250ml (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 2 Chinese sausages
- 40ml vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 375ml mixed frozen vegetables (carrots, green peas, corn, beans)
- 2.5ml salt
- 1.25ml sugar
- 2.5ml soy sauce
- 1.25ml dehydrated chicken broth
- 1.25ml ground black pepper
- 2 green onions, minced
- The day before the meal, cook the rice according to the instructions on the package. Refrigerate. It is very important to cook it the night before and refrigerate it overnight, as this will give the fried rice a nice, not too sticky texture.
- Cut the sausages lengthwise, then dice them.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brown the sausages for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring. Put the sausages aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, heat 5ml (1 tsp) oil over medium heat. Cook the eggs for 2 minutes, stirring, until set. Put the eggs aside on the same plate as the sausages.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining oil over high heat. Cook the garlic for 1 minute, stirring.
- Return the eggs and sausages to the skillet. Add cooked rice, mixed vegetables, salt, sugar, soy sauce, dehydrated chicken broth and pepper. Cook for 4 minutes over high heat.
- When ready to serve, sprinkle with green onions.
Check out more recipes from @cuisineravecjenna!