Fresh Spring Rolls are a Vietnamese delicacy that can be easily made at home. While there are many variations of spring rolls, this recipe consists of shrimp, vegetables, herbs, and rice vermicelli wrapped in rice paper.
|Preparation: 30 minutes||Soaking: 10 minutes|
|Cooking: 8 minutes||Quantity: 4 portions (8 rolls)|
- 12 large prawns, raw and peeled
- 200g rice vermicelli
- 8 rice paper sheets
- 32 fresh mint leaves
- 4 green leaf lettuce, cut in half
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne
- 1 English cucumber, cut into julienne
- 250g bean sprouts
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the shrimp for 5 minutes over medium-high heat. Drain.
- Cut the shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Rehydrate the vermicelli for 10 minutes in a large bowl filled with lukewarm water.
- In the same pot, cook the vermicelli for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Drain.
- To assemble the spring rolls, check out this instructive video.
Check out more recipes from @cuisineravecjenna!